According to Paul Bunting, Country Manager at Microsoft IOI., Intellectual property is crucial because it creates innovation. The efforts made in the fight against software piracy and the protection of intellectual property rights can create an environment conducive to innovation, which leads to further economic growth and job creation.
This encourages the development of industries operating in the field of innovation and technology. He added that the exchange of intellectual property allows faster adaptation to market demands and a frequency closer to the launch of new products on the market.
Provisional charge of "violation of copyright" was lodged against the trader concerned before the District Court of Curepipe. A study published by the Business Software Alliance (BSA), the association representing the interests of the global software industry and the Internet from governments and international consumer, demonstrates that Maurice, 57% software installed on PCs during the year 2011 was pirated while the economic loss caused by software piracy amounted to some 251 million dollars in the islands of the Indian Ocean.
For Microsoft, the consequences of piracy and counterfeiting are bad for business, the economy or consumers to the extent that the violation of intellectual property rights can cause a negative impact on different aspects, be it economic, cultural and social.
This can lead to losses in the turnover of manufacturers, distributors and retailers, and can lead to a loss in tax revenue and threaten job creation, says the firm. For consumers, the risks associated with pirated copies are just as real, says the software giant said in a statement issued this week.
According to Microsoft, the consumer with a copy illicit encounter difficulties related to the use of its computer system security, confidentiality of its data or damage the functionality of the equipment.
To help consumers better protect themselves and ensure the validity of their software license, Microsoft is committed to raising awareness of the risks of counterfeit software. Portal "How to Tell" Microsoft provides detailed information and examples of counterfeit software. Microsoft is also investing in anti-counterfeiting technologies that alert consumers when the presence of counterfeit software.
Tips to check the authenticity of software
One of the main concerns is the difficulty in differentiating genuine software a fake. Because it is possible to verify whether an operating system like Windows is 'genuine' through its Certificate of Authenticity, which is in the form of a sticker under the laptop or bottom of the PC case. PC users can contact Microsoft Indian Ocean or visit the websites and http://www.howtotell.com http://www.gogenuine.mu to find more information about software piracy, the dangers associated with use of pirated software or how to recognize genuine software a fake.
It is good to know that using original software has several advantages. In the case of Microsoft, the use of its software ensures the security of critical data and better protection against attacks such as viruses, spam, or hackers.
Photos online - Share is not safe
Young or old, most users share their photos on the Internet, especially on social networks. This practice became common, however, is not without consequences. Tips to protect data.
- Adapt the type of pictures to the site. In some areas, it is not possible to restrict the visibility of photos that are accessible to everyone. The picture can indeed be used to link the different profiles (when using a search engine for images, for example).
- Criteria set its privacy to define which group of friends has access to what photos.
- Think before you post a photo of his friends or yourself on a social network and keep in mind that it may be difficult or impossible to remove it later, especially if it has been copied or shared.
- Ask permission before publishing a photograph of someone.
- Use sparingly identification tools (tags) and facial recognition expose more people.
- Check how you can be yourself tagged. It is possible to set the account to allow only certain contacts to identify you or to receive a warning when one is identified in a photo.
- Sort regular photos and control who has access to published photos, especially the oldest that can be annoying over time.
- To delete the pictures disturbing. Indeed, you have the right to delete a photo you have a website or social network. Ask the person who published it off.
- Avoid enable automatic sync photos with your smartphone or the tablet. These functions are not digital safes but spaces for sharing and publishing that make removal more complicated pictures.