These new 'catchment areas' will be valid for admission to Standard 1 for 2014. Moreover, in order to avoid any form of fraud, the authorities will ensure that parents produce identification and proof of address genuine
Following the Cabinet decision to allocate 50 scholarships to African students, 14 countries submitted 63 applications in total. And after consultation, 18 applications from Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda were approved. Candidates have already integrated their respective universities.
Other decisions taken by the Council of Ministers:
WORK. The Project Plan Committee approved eight projects worth Rs 426.32 million:
• Building a New Community Health Centre in Baie du Tombeau
• The construction of a new market in Goodlands
• The reconstruction of a bridge in La Mivoie, Black River.
• The evacuation of water projects Bissambar Orchard, Beau Bassin.
• Infrastructure for the protection of coral beach of Bain Boeuf projects.The Council of Ministers also discussed the creation of an IIT Delhi Research Academy in Mauritius and noted the construction of a new exhibition at Bel-Air.