Moreover, the measures recommended by the Minister of Finance are intended to boost the economic and social development of these two islands.
- Expenses for the Rodrigues Regional Assembly will spend Rs 1.7 billion to Rs 1.95 billion in 2014;
- The extension of vacation packages Rodrigues was extended for another year;
- A sum of Rs 25 million will be for the cost of containerized cargo are bound to Rodrigues;
- An investment of Rs 24 million will be spent on the renovation of the synthetic stage of Camp du Roi;
- Investments in the economic and social development of Agalega are provided so that people can enjoy a better quality of life;
- The government will provide Rs 750 million over the next three years to improve the connectivity of the air, sea and infrastructure;
- Agalega will also be connected to the Internet at a cost of Rs 5 M. The annual operating cost of Rs 4 million;
- An additional amount of Rs 23 million will be provided to improve safety and security on the transport of materials and people who move back and forth Agalega.
Christian Leopold, president of MR
Stressing that the Grand financier has pride to various sectors, Christian Leopold, president of the Movement Rodrigues (MR), says grieve noting that no action has been announced for the development of fiber optic cables.
"Basically, the budget is correct. My only regret is that nothing has been recommended by over optical cables for Rodrigues. An ad that is more than two years. Nothing has been done. So this is a project falls behind, demonstrating the lack of vision and seriousness of the government, "he said.