These Fans Provokes Fires: Real Dangers for Life

7 years, 5 months ago - November 20, 2013
The fans are turned into lethal objects, especially in these times of extreme heat? This is certainly the perception that emerges from a few days.

After fire caused by a faulty fan Donald home to Chebel, two other cases have been reported to the police on Monday. Grind the first to St-André, in the wee hours, and the second in Vacoas, to 16 hours.

The fire left no chance for twins Kiara and Kayla, 8 years old, died asphyxiated last Thursday in their room Chebel. The origin of drama: a faulty fan that exploded and caused a fire starting in the small room. Two other families, living in Vacoas Fragmentation and St Andrew, could experience a doom following the failure of this device widely used in this period of heat. The Consumers' Association of Mauritius (Asim) island calls for caution.

At Vacoas

A fire broke out in a house in Vacoas, Monday to 16 h 15. The origin of the fire is once again the explosion of a fan. A retired couple was in the house when the aircraft caught fire. "My father was sleeping in the room in question when he heard an explosion. He opened his eyes and saw that the fan was sparks. He disconnected and left the room. Shortly after, my mother saw that there was smoke in the room, but it was too late, "says Rajiv, son. Firefighters arrived and the fire was contained. The room was completely ravaged. The value of the damage is not yet known. Police are investigating.

At Morcellement St-André

A fan caught fire in the bedroom of a 10 year old girl while she slept. His father acted promptly to avoid the worst. The girl is safe.

It was around 4:00 that Nazim, 49, alerted by his eldest daughter, aged 21: "Dife pe pran." The forty wakes with a start and runs upstairs in the bedroom of his youngest. " Ti fer nwar dan lasam. Ti ena enn gro lafime. Monn tan mo tifi plore - " recounts Nazim. Without losing a moment he enters the room. " Je n’avais qu’une idée en tête : sauver ma fille."

Nazim then runs to fetch water for surrounding fire. "This is the fan that caught fire. I found that the engine of the aircraft was on the ground. He was completely blown. I managed to stop the fire spreading. Fortunately, the fan was far from the bed where my daughter was asleep and there was no flammable products side, "says the father.

Nazim added: "It's been five or six years since I bought this fan. I never had a problem. It worked perfectly. "

Prevent other tragedies

In the space of four days, the fan is at the heart of the news. Although this time, there was no loss of life, the fan still does it reliable for users or is it a fault affecting a particular brand? What are the precautions to take to avoid another tragedy?

To Jayen Chellum, general secretary of the Consumers' Association of Mauritius (Asim) island, "Mauritians have always used the fan during periods of high heat and especially in the evening." "The tragedy that struck the twin Chebel is horrible. However, to date, no consumer has complained to the association about the failure of a fan, "says the secretary general.

Using a fan involves certain precautions, says the spokesperson of Asim. "Look, some fans sold on the market are of dubious quality and are not reliable. There may be flaws in the same manufacturing these devices. What makes us cautious. There may be a risk of short circuit in the fan operation. This can cause a fire starting. "

Another aspect to consider: "The consumer must be very vigilant and follow the safety and use of the device. Its installation must be as it should be, "he says. "If it is confirmed after investigation that the two outbreaks of fire occurred in two fans of the same brand, so you can ask questions and request that these particular products are withdrawn from the market," says Jayen Chellum.

Advice

Precautions to be taken, the General Manager of 'workshop' an appliance store argues that to avoid any complications, it is recommended that you buy a fan from a recognized brand. "The buyer pays a little more expensive, but it is certain to have no problem using.

To date, there has never been a concern of this kind with our products. It is imperative to have an electrical installation complies with the standards and install a RCD (Residual Circuit Breaker). With such a system, any overheating, power supply is interrupted by the fuse, which avoids the risk of a fire. "

 

We also recommend

Tags Cloud
2010accidentsadvertisingAfrAsiaafricaagroAir Franceair mauritiusAirlinesairportairway coffeeAlvaro SobrinhoamazonAmeenah Gurib-FakimAMLandroidApollo Bramwellappleappointmentsappsarrestasiaauditaudit reportaustraliaaviationawardsBABagatelleBAIBangladeshbankbanksbarclaysbeachbeachesBeau Bassin-Rose HillbetamaxBOIboko haramBollywoodBOMbombingbpmlBPOBramer BankbrazilbrexitbudgetBusinessCanadacanecareercareer tipscasinoCCIDCCMCEBcementChagosCHCchinaCIELcigarettesconferenceConfinementCongoconstructioncontestCoronaviruscorruptionCourtCourtscouvre-feuCOVID-19CPBCPEcreativitycrisiscruise shipsCSOCT PowerCultureCurepipecustomerscustomsCWAcyclonedamDawood RawatDBMdeficitdenguedevelopmentdoctorsDomaine les PaillesDPPdrug traffickingdrugsDTAADuty FreeearthquakeebolaecoécoleseconomyEducationEgyptelectionselectoral reformelectricityEmiratesEmtelenergyENLentrepreneurshipEUEuropeeventsexamexamsexpoexportfacebookfairfarmersfeeFIFA World CupfinancefinancesFirefishfishingFlacqFlic-en-FlacFloodsfoodFootballforecastforeign workersFrancefraudfruitsFSCfuelfunnyGAARgamblinggamesgazaGermanygooglegovernmentGRAgreengreen energyhackershajjhawkershealthhealthcareHeritage Cityhistoryholidayshorse racingHospitalhotelhotel businesshotelshow toHRHRDCHSBCHSCIBLICACICTICTAID cardillegal fishingIMFimportindiaIndian OceanIndonesiainflationinfrastructureinnovationsinsuranceinternetInterviewinterview tipsinvestmentinvestmentsiosiPadiphoneiraniraqIRSISISisraelITItalyjapanJin FeijobjobsjournalismKenyalandlawlawslayoffsleadershipLepeploanslocal governmentLockdownlotteryLRTLufthansaMadagascarmalaysiamalaysia airlinesmanagementmanagement tipsmanufacturingmarketmarketingmarketsMauBankMauritiansmauritiusMBCMCBMCCImeccaMedical CouncilmedicamentsmedicineMedPointmeetingMEFMESMetro ExpressMEXAMicrosoftMIDMIEmigrationminimum salaryminimum wagemlMMMmoneymoney launderingmotivationmoviesMozambiqueMPAMPCMPCBMRAMSCMSMMTMTCMTPAMusicMV BenitaNandanee SoornackNarendra ModinatureNavin RamgoolamNavind KistnahNCBNDUnetworkingNew Mauritius HotelsNHDCNigeriaNobel Prizenorth koreaNTCNWCCofficialsoffshoreoilOlympic GamesOmnicaneorangeOUMPakistanpalestineparliamentPaul BérengerPhilippinesPhoenix Beveragespicture of the daypiracyplagePMPMOpmsdPNQpolicepoliticsportPort LouisPort-LouisPravind JugnauthPRBpricepricesproblemprostitutionprotestspsacPSCpsychologyPTRpublic servicequatre-bornesrainsRakesh Gooljauryratingsreal estatereformsrepo rateRESrestaurantsresultresultsReunionriceroadsRoches-Noires caseRodriguesRogersRose-HillRoshi BhadainRussiaSAJsalariessalarysalessamsungsaudi arabiasbmSCscamscandalscholarshipsSchoolschoolssciencesecuritySeychellessharksshootingshoppingshopping mallSICsicomsingaporeSITskillssmart citysmartphonesSMeSMEDASobrinho casesocial mediasocial networks & messengerssolar energysouthsouth africasouth koreasportSportsstartupsstatisticsstatsSTCstrategystreet vendorsstrikestudysuccesssugarSun Tan caseSunkai casesyriaTAtabletsTanzaniataxtax heaventaxesteaTECtechnologytelecomterrorismtextilethailandthefttime managementtipstourismtradingtrainingstransporttrendstunaTurfTurkeyTVtyphoonukukraineunemploymentunionsuniversityuomUSUTMvacanciesVacoas Popular Multipurpose Cooperative SocietyVacoas-Phoenixvarma casevegetablesVideo of the DayvisaVishnu LutchmeenaraidooWaterWaterparkWeatherWhitedot Casewi-fiWMAWorld BankXavier-Luc DuvalYEPzimbabwe