Punchy presentation skills compounded with power point savvy and fluent command of language are nowadays essential competencies for impactful marketing and PR. This course will impart the basics of effective communication and help learners control fear of public speaking and deliver concise presentations to market their company and/or meet client needs. Training will also be provided to improve written communication in diverse formats.
Entry Requirements: At least School Certificate qualifications
Duration 30 hours
At the end of the course learners should be able to
- implement basics of effective communication
- speak in public with greater confidence
- make concise PowerPoint presentations
- write aptly in diverse formats
Mode of Delivery
Weekly face-to-face tutorials supplemented by PowerPoint slides and handouts -depending on availability of learners, a workshop mode could be implemented.
- Basics of effective communication
- Public speaking and oral presentation
- Written communication (memo, report, briefs, summaries, proposals, etc.)
- Grammar brush-up
At least 12 hours of laboratory-based sessions of PowerPoint will be required.
- One written test
- Individual PowerPoint presentations on set topics
A certificate of attendance will be awarded on successful completion of the course. Eventually, this could be accredited as a 30-hour stand-alone course or module.
Application from 18 of November 2013 to 02 of December 2013