INFOTECH is the major annual Information and Communication Technology (ICT) event organised in Mauritius by the National Computer Board (NCB), operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology. The aim is to create awareness on emerging technologies and provide business opportunities in the ICT sector.
Infotech 2014 is being organised with the objectives to:
- Provide information on developments and achievements in the ICT sector;
- Create awareness on emerging technologies;
- Demonstrate and promote local talents, expertise, know-how and export potential;
- Sensitise on the potential applications of ICT and choice of technology for effective business and individual solutions;
- Offer a meeting platform for local ICT operators to develop collaboration and deals with potential technology partners and customers;
- Sensitise on career opportunities and facilitate the recruitment process in the ICT sector;
- Facilitate commercial exchanges.
The event will include the following components:
- ICT Exhibition
- ICT Career Guidance
- Conferences on Cyber Security
- Smart Home
- Technopreneurship Corner
- Gaming Zone
Opening Dates and Time
Opening Dates and Time
The Event will be open to the public over a period of four days, from Thursday 27 to Sunday 30 November 2014, as follows:
- Thursday 27 Nov 2014 10:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs
- Friday 28 Nov 2014 10:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs
- Saturday 29 Nov 2014 10:00 hrs to 20:00 hrs
- Sunday 30 Nov 2014 10:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs3
Over 100,000 people are expected to visit Infotech 2014.
Free bus shuttles will be available every 30 minutes on Thursday 27 and
Friday 28 November and every 20 minutes on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 November from Victoria & Immigration (Port Louis) and Place Margeot (Rose
Entrance to Infotech 2014 is FREE.
The ICT Exhibition will consist of 61 stands which will be located in the main hall on the ground floor. 32 exhibitors will showcase their technology and ICT products & services. Sales will be allowed.
ICT Career Guidance
The ICT Career Guidance acts as a platform between jobseekers and ICT-BPO companies. The ICT Career Guidance supports the recruitment process of local companies from the ICT and BPO sector. On-the-spot recruitment will be conducted.
The Career Guidance Corner will include a Presentation - Counselling section which aims at sensitizing secondary school students, school leavers, parents and the general public on career opportunities and prospects in the ICT-BPO sector.
Conferences on Cyber Security
This year, Infotech coincides with Computer Security Day, an annual event that is observed worldwide on the 30th November. It is designed to raise awareness and to promote best practices in Information Security. To observe this day, the NCB is organising the following events:
- A full day cyber security conference on the 28th November 2014 targeting Business Executives, Senior Management and Information Security Professionals
- An exhibition to showcase the latest products on Computer Security on the 28th November 2014
- Professional Training programme on Digital Forensics Investigation4
Infotech will include a Smart Home Corner, a space showcasing and demonstrating ‘Intelligent’ home products and appliances. The Smart Home Corner is sponsored by Orange. Technopreneurship Corner Infotech 2014 will include a Technopreneurship corner, a dedicated space to the nascent Technopreneurs to give them an opportunity to increase their visibility by promoting their products/ services. This is in line with the objective to promote Entrepreneurship in the ICT Sector. Technopreneurs face lots of challenges during their start-up phase and it is with this objective that the National Computer Board, is inviting all youngsters with new and innovative IT based business ideas to join us for Infotech to know more about TechIdeaSpace.
The LAN Gaming Zone will offer a modern technology-driven entertainment platform for young persons as well as adults.
The Sponsors of Infotech 2014 are:
- Genesys – (R-MAD)
- Business Parks of Mauritius Ltd ( BMPL )
- Information and Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA)
- Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation (MBC)
Participants at Infotech 2014 - Exhibition
- Cash and Carry
- R-Mad (Genesys)
- JK Innovative Solutions
- Jacey Computers
- TP Link
- Kaldera Ltd
- Star Knit Trading
- VJ Computer
- JE Digital World
- Ispace Technologies
- Redline Marketing
- Mobi Move
- Equipment Media Analysis
- Ebene Accelerator
- Mauritius Post
- Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation
- Mauritius Commercial Bank
- National Computer Board
- National Computer Board – Technopreneurship
- TechKnow Magazine
Participants at Infotech 2014 – ICT Career
- CAPFOR Mauritius
- Storm Telecom
- RRJ Learning Centre
- Euro CRM
- MCCI Business School
- TNT Business Solutions
- Charles Telfare Institute
- National Empowerment Foundation