The Royal Raid is the first and fabulous race in the mountains of Mauritius. Great human adventure and trekking, it allows you, through an exceptional course, to discover the heart of the southwest of Mauritius and its magnificent landscapes!
Royal Raid consists of three races being held simultaneously:
- Royal Raid 80 (RR80) a race of 80 kilometers to be covered in less than 20 hours.
- Royal Raid 35 (RR35) a race of 35 kilometers to be covered in less than 09 hours.
- Royal Raid 15 (RR15) a race of 15 kilometers
During your challenge, you will have the exclusive opportunity to discover the following beautiful places:
- Yemen Nature Reserve, the largest and the most beautiful nature reserve in Mauritius.
- The endemic Fauna and Flora of the Black River National Park and its famous ascension of Parakeet Trail (also included in the RR35).
- The sugar cane fields of Domaine de Bel Ombre (also included in the RR35).
The Royal Raid is a semi self sufficient race where participants need to make provisions for their own supplies. However the Organizing Committee does provide refreshments at different check points all along the track. Different types of refreshment posts exist:
- Water points
- Marathon type posts where water, Pepsi, fruits and salt are available.
- Raid type where water, Pepsi, fruits, salt and soup are available
- Meal and Rest posts where water, Pepsi, fruits, salt, soup, meal, shower and rest facilities are available.