Regarding transfer requests for admission Form I, the formalities were completed by the Mauritius Examinations Syndicate (MES) this week.
Of the approximately 2,462 transfer requests were made, 843 were selected. Approximately 18 students obtained a transfer from national to another college and 48 students had a transfer of a regional college to a national college. Approximately 112 'No School Cases' were registered and among 48 students have already been admitted to a college.
For the 'mainstream', 149 secondary schools are affected by the admissions of students in Form I to the resumption of classes in 2014. The total number of seats that are available to students is 17,944, including 7,875 seats (44%) are provided by the public sector and the remaining 10,069 seats (56%) by the private sector.
Of the 7,875 places available in state colleges, 1,870 seats are available in national schools and 6,005 places in regional schools. Schools Office of Catholic Education offers 1667 seats (671 for boys and 996 girls).